tp-guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tp guild online hub

HomeOnline HubGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are reality shows sending bad messages to women/girls?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smithmiller6

Power Points : 5340

Are reality shows sending bad messages to women/girls? Empty
PostSubject: Are reality shows sending bad messages to women/girls?   Are reality shows sending bad messages to women/girls? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 2:10 am

i am teaching a women's studies course at hofstra university and we have recently been talking about reality television and how they are often misogynist and send out dangerous messages to girls and young women. the reason i bring this up is because we learned that a vast majority of people who watch reality shows are teenage girls and young women between the ages of 18 and 24 and also most reality shows are produced by men. we're talking about shows such as the bachelor, rock of love, the girls next door, keeping up with the kardashians, bad girls club, america's next top model and even shows like american idol and dancing with the stars. now granted i do not like reality shows to begin with we have been studying these shows by watching scenes from these shows on tv and seeing how dehumanizing to women they are. yeah one might argue that these shows are sexist against men as well but they really aren't. at least the men on these shows aren't botoxed up or are cosmetically enhanced. and even the bachelorette is anti-women by showing the female lead as a brainless sex object. i for one hope for the sake of all womankind that reality shows soon die a painful death and are put out of their misery once and for all so we can see shows that are more empowering and less insulting.
Back to top Go down
angel_baby

angel_baby

Power Points : 5614

Are reality shows sending bad messages to women/girls? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are reality shows sending bad messages to women/girls?   Are reality shows sending bad messages to women/girls? EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

uxta na mga guyz ang tagal ko ng nawal sa TP

may bagu doon nyo ko makkta

sa BOSS ran.
Back to top Go down

Are reality shows sending bad messages to women/girls?
Page 1 of 1